Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stick in Vancouver

Stick #3 from the post of October 20 was placed by Nao at teatimetraveller.
Nao said in her email:"There is a trail, in a forest, on a hill, above the sea, where Gus and I go walking. We are fairly certain that quite a lot of Faeries live here too. Since your wand reminded us of the "little people" we thought we'd take it to an enchanted place. We left it on a bed of velvety moss, growing on an old cedar stump, on the side of muddy and magical path. Many good hearted folks, and their children, and their four legged friends come wandering here. I am very sure that your beautiful wand will be found by someone very special, that is of course, unless the Faeries find it first, in which case, they might want to keep it for themselves."

Thanks. Gus and Nao. I hope to post more sticks to send out soon.

This just in: another stick has been placed - photo on Thursday. I don't know about you all, but I'm getting an overwhelming urge to rent some current-ish Doctor Who DVD and stay in this evening making more sticks.

5 comments:

grrl+dog said...

Definitely a faerie place... the dogs know. Dr Who will be your muse as you make... if you want I can sing you the theme song to get you started.

cserháti hajnalka said...

Oh... this dog is lovely!

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

I have to place mine immediately!!!!! I have been waiting for the right moment... I like that they placed it on a trail. fun fun

Nao said...

Gus found this special place, he is the leader of our wild woodland adventures. I just follow him down the muddy trails and he takes me to the best spots. And so, I thought I would leave the placing of your wonderful stick in his capable paws, and it did prove a good choice! He has the most excellent taste in mossy beds.

And then, I wonder where it is now...

matt dawson said...

A fascinating and stimulating blog as always. Those Venetian masks are wonderful. I've been on holiday to Venice but was only 6 so it's a haze of bridges, gondoliers who shout Oy! and smokey/sparkly glass factories. I do have a great long nose carnival mask I picked up in Barcelona though so I can see the attraction. Your Eta Hoffman mention reminds me of a favourite stop motion puppet animation of mine based on his story the Sandman... just search youtube for "the sandman-animation by Paul Berry"...hope you will enjoy, don't have nightmares!