Sunday, January 25, 2009

Department of Big Ideas

So, the above title has both an ironic and a straightforward meaning in this post. The straight up, non-ironic one is that grrl+dog has organized a global guerrilla knit-up project, to reach its most widespread manifestation on February 23rd. Please join in the free-for-all if you would like. I have linked to the original, explanatory post, but following posts show some initial embodiments of this project.
            The more ironic meaning is that I have noticed that since I haven't physically started on the project, it has grown more and more elaborate in my mind. I decided mine should have some sticks (a few previous examples of those here) and then a few days later decided that, wouldn't it be nice if all of the sticks have tags which linked to related videos on youtube.
          Think of this post as a cautionary tale: there's a time to get started on projects.

Edit: see Feb. 2 post for how it really turned out.

10 comments:

grrl+dog said...

So you dont knit... but you DO stick.

So make sticks.
Wrap some yarn around it as a nod to the knitting, and voila.

In fact, G.O. reckons he will just yarn wrap a pole and that will be his contribution. This I will have to get on video, and speed up like a Benny Hill thing.

Eva said...

What about making a sweater for a homeless person?

lettuce said...

this is great, i love it, i will do some guerilla plotting...

Brendan said...

Hey, Susan,

Just thought I'd drop by to let you know, if you haven't already seen, that there have been developments in the Big Hunger Strike of 2009.

R. Nemo said...

Looks like an exploding dot. Meanwhile Jude's is imploding.

I am a said...

puts me in the mind of the old literary element--magical realism

notmassproduced said...

like this

lilaphase said...

I can't wait to see how this comes out. My best laid plans always lead to something else.

Btw - thank you so much for that blog link. I'm planning to feature it in my next post!

ArtSparker said...

Eva, some things are just for goofiness I think.

I am a, I like the translation from one medium to another.

Pam and Stan said...

cool! cant wait to see how everything works out!