Friday, May 8, 2009

Alice in Wonderland/Stretch


"Curioser and Curioser!" cried Alice..."now I'm opening up like the largest telescope that ever was! Goodbye, feet!"

As a result of having eaten the little cake, Alice is too tall to go through the door into the little garden which she can see. The photos were taken in San Francisco's Mission district - I think probably the one where she is furthest away is the most successful - what do you think?

(imaginary segueway) 

Nemo Hill of the elsewhere blog is reading his poetry this Sunday at the Sixth Street and Avenue B garden with poetic cohorts this Sunday at 4:00 if you are in the neighborhood of Tompkins Square Park in NYC that day - I wish I were, I would stop in at the Cafe Pick-me-up beforehand.

 

11 comments:

grrl+dog said...

you make me smile; imaginary segue, were you temporarily lost for words, or did it just fade to black and fade in to the next topic..

rosedale's 4 head said...

the second one gives a fine sense of distance...it's fair to say you've LC to a whole-nother degree of 'looking at'...

rosedale's 4 head said...

you've taken LC little-big subject to another world...

Alice is literally in ...

she's a sequel...that's what i'm trying to say...

you work has that speechless effect on me

Laurie Cannon said...

yes, definitely furthest from.
lovely texture in the gate.
knew security gates were
good for something.
Alice is lovely today.
Lovely, delicate drawing.

Eva said...

She looks smaller on the second picture! I think the first one is better, and the enlarged view of the telescope is more surrealistic with the open lid and more intriguing.

sroden said...

all of these photos are totally great!

Bee said...

Fascinating pictures . . . and yes, I like the second one a bit better -- and yet they are both so wonderful!

tony said...

"he bit the usherette's leg in the dark.." LOL! I had forgotten about Alice eating the cake & getting bigger...........i a wrote a post the end of last year. about me taking Acid for the first time.I remember a similar physical reaction.My limbs just grew longer & longer!!! Alice wasVery Acid Like Too!

ArtSparker said...

Tony - If memory serves, I believe there's a song about that...

notmassproduced said...

nice

Nao said...

These are AWESOME!