Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Alice in Wonderland/The Caterpillar

She stretched herself up on tiptoe, and peeped over the edge of the mushroom, and her eyes immediately met those of a large blue caterpillar, that was sitting on the top with its arms folded, quietly smoking a long hookah, and taking not the smallest notice of her or of anything else.

Does anyone else think the caterpillar bears a curious resemblance to Mr. Punch? Although certainly his nature is quite different.

This is the image for May in the Wonderland Revisited 2010 Calendar.

8 comments:

Laurie Cannon said...

Mr. Punch, yes.
LOL, I love this set-up
very exotic
we laugh when we are pleased

Z-Kids said...

These are all wonderful!
Z-Dad

Eva said...

What did Carrol smoke before he wrote this?

Rohzi E. said...

My goodness, this one is my favorite A-in Wonderland piece you've done so far. There is so much depth to this one. Very multi-dimensional. Love it.

By the way, I was looking through your t-shirts you have available for sell, and there are quite a few I need to get! I think I had intentions on doing that a while back, but it totally slipped my mind, lol.

You're an amazing artist, Susan.

lol @ Mr. Punch resemblance.

j. said...

absolutely delightful.
honestly, i am not even a big alice in wonderland fan but your recent posts have endeared me a bit more to the whimsical story.

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

I'm loving the Alice in Wonderland posts...this one is my favorite scene from the movie.

I am also inspired now to start a guerilla knit project now that the snow has melted...but I can't knit, so I will have to come up with an alternative.

grrl+dog said...

he was always my favourite...

bindu said...

These are amazing! I've been reading them backward - starting from the one with the cat ... but you really should make a picture book of the original book. Very unique