Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Alice in Wonderland/The Tea Party

"Have you guessed the riddle yet?" The Hatter said, turning to Alice again.

"No, I give it up," Alice replied, "what's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea," said the Hatter.

On the table on the left you will see a little cup with two Kate Greenaway children - this cup (with its saucer) survived the Oakland Hills fire of 1991, one of my parents' few possessions to make it through. It shows some additional cracking of the glaze as a result.

This is the image for August in the 2010 Wonderland Revisited 2010 Calendar.

11 comments:

parisa mahmoudi said...

You are a great director,too!!!
You know I imagine all of this story like an animation by you!
Are you going to publish the Alice pictures as a book?It would be so great!!!!!! :)

p.s.So Thanks about the link in your email!!! :)
And about that illustrator,yes I know him.I have 3 books of his illustration and I love them!I will show them in the next post! :)

jazzlamb said...

I've seen a lot of alice in wonderland artwork, and liked very few. This is very very unusual and I really like it!

Son of Incogneato said...

I bow down in artistic appreciation.

- BT

April said...

Lovely! I really like this one. * applause *

: - )

mouse (aka kimy) said...

sweetest little dormouse!did he get some cheese with the tea?

Nao said...

ohmygawd, they just get better and better.

What a creative genius you are,
really,
wow Susan.

Wow.

I have been in spending most of my time in the garden these days missing out on blog land a bit by the looks of things!

rosedale's 4 head said...

the lighting here is extraordinary! and they are carrying on a conversation...you make it so fascinating...

Eva said...

The hare looks like my husband.

ArtSparker said...

Eva -

Is that a good thing?

Xovika said...

Wow! What a creative combination! Those paper works are beautiful.

Amy C said...

this scene is truly magical.