Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lost/Yarn

I am alone here in thinking Naveen Andrews is the most attractive, although not the tallest, male character on Lost? Coming attraction for the project after Alice.

Something you could do with a ball of yarn is knit something for these poles

at the National Gallery of Australia, where grrl+dog needs many knitted strips of 43" width to fill up the vertical height. Details for this international  project are here.

I will post the scary thing later today as I still need to finish it.

7 comments:

Laurie Cannon said...

Yo. I am loving these references to Lost
and these knit-up poles, buses, and other
civic under-regarded paraphernalia

I had the sun in my eyes a moment ago
and when your blog came up I thought
I was seeing Alice and Naveen in the nude

Naveen's break-out was The English Patient,
right? He and Juliette Binoche were lovers.

Laurie Cannon said...

Or--sorry--is that Kate at the end of the rope?

ArtSparker said...

Laurie - Yes, I did notice Naveen Andrews in that film. Sometimes I sing "Dancing Cheek to Cheek" in the car.

Evangeline Lilly is very hard to draw, even with coaching. Women in general are harder than men because of the smaller facial features. Sun Jin Kim is an exception because her features are quite dramatic - also, I always make the eyes too big, and hers are really enormous, so it works. Technical details -

Laurie Cannon said...

Who the heck is Evangeline?
I'm..........Lost

yvette said...

I've got a large felt rdead on the post to grrrrrl dog

She does such nice projects!

yvette

Jocelyn said...

I've never watched LOST, yet I'm into seeing the characters romp.

Bella Sinclair said...

Holy Moses! I am DYING over your Alice series! So fantastic. I love it. And YES, Naveen Andrews is TOTALLY sexy!