Thursday, June 4, 2009

LOST: Charlie gets mentored

I realized that not everyone who reads this blog watches "Lost", so I'm going to provide explanations for the scenes (Only the creators can explain the whole thing...and don't get me started on the four-toed statue).

So, all of these people have crashed on a desert island. Locke (Terry O'Quinn) has some serious father issues, for which  he compensates by mentoring any young male who stands still long enough. Here you see him instructing Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) as he is about to step on (or in) it once again.

Shot at the scene of the first of the paper people, with much ducking of cars (Dammit, this ART, people). 

Tomorrow: blowing a stereotype to smithereens. Hint: "We need to get higher.."(if you're a Lost nerd, you'll be able to finish this quote).

10 comments:

mum said...

the four-toed statue? Oh right, mustn't get you started.

Thanks for mentoring ME here, ArtSparker. Lost is another continent for me. I hope Charlie and Locke escape from whatever or find the right toe-hold or...well, basically, best of luck to them both, yes?

Love the shadows on the red... four-toed... no, forget it, won't get you started. Love the shadow work, Art Sparker.

sketched out said...

These, (all of them) are fantastic, original and funny! I've watched, like, 5 episodes of Lost, so not sure what's going on. But even still, I kind of get it. They're so great, they stand on their own anyway!

Coffee Messiah said...

I've been Lost just hearing about the series from a few others ; )

Unless it's a Twin Peaks or something, they never hold my attention long enough to even wait for the 1st commercial.

Like the cut outs and their backgrounds though, especially the previous one!

Caio Fernandes said...

thanks for droping by ... it was very kind .

krisztina maros said...

awesome!! the shadows are really great! I'm not a Lost-fan (like Linda said about herself) but your series are very clever and original!

Eva said...

Oh! It's Lost. I never knew.

Tammie Lee said...

You are so right, I have never seen this show. But now I get it. These are a wonderful series of posts (perhaps better than the show- don't tell anybody I hinted at that ;-O

grrl+dog said...

thank god.. I had no idea what you were talking about.. you know we get stuff here ages after the US does...even with cable..

Nao said...

Too good!

Exmoorjane said...

Noooo, don't explain......it's funnier without (I'm sure, though have watched Lost in a horribly obsessive manner).... the shadows are just amazing...