Friday, December 18, 2009

Illustration challenge #4

"Confetti?" scoffed Grandpa. "Why, when I was a boy, we celebrated The New Year properly, with the time-honored tradition of _____________________________".

Yes, I know it would be pleasant to spend the week between Christmas and New Year's dozing by the fire...but here's an opportunity hone your visual and verbal skills, so I hope you'll right click to fill in Grandpa's recollection (drawing, photo, collage or embroidery..whatever) the words left missing in the quote. I will have the links in my post on New Year's Day.

10 comments:

ger said...

... pickled-herring salad + yawn spasms...

Dominic Rivron said...

I'll have a think!

Had you not specified the caption, I was going to rotate him 90 degrees and have him saying

"Stop! Stop! I'm alive, I tell you!"

:)

subby said...

Okay...I've been away too long. I'm soooo doing this one! And dialogue ;)

Bungy32 said...

Oh my! Delicious! This will be so much fun to work on. (And yes, I was a little worried that you would "take a break" on the holidays and not offer a challenge this month -- glad I was wrong about that.)

Tom Bailey said...

]"Confetti?" scoffed Grandpa. "Why, when I was a boy, we celebrated The New Year properly, with the time-honored tradition of

---- getting so drunk that we needed to hold onto the ground to keep from falling off.

---I have no photos to enter at this time.

Coffee Messiah said...

I'll try this one........

and hey, if you were at the Trieste, I wish I were there too ; ) It's been way too long. we're trying to find a way to visit out there this year sometime.

Cheers!

ArtSparker said...

Michael - will join you guys for coffee in NB happily!

lettuce said...

... i have an idea!
... i have time!

i hope to actually do this one!

Bungy32 said...

My cat scratching its way across my bare back woke me up WAY too early this morning. When I couldn't get back to sleep, I found myself thinking about this challenge. And here's what I came up with: http://bungynotes.blogspot.com/2009/12/imagining-yesteryears-newness.html

Dominic Rivron said...

I've just posted my contribution at

http://dominicrivron.blogspot.com/

Happy New Year!