Thursday, August 5, 2010

Before and After

Above, I was looking at this Portmeirion Bowl and I think I want to transfer some key elements to the photo of the children. See how the photo is cracked? That's an indication for placement. I have been busy mounting these and have had little time to make new ones recently, so it may be awhile before I show the completed version of the above photo here.
Here's the werewolf mounted on his plaque. The main framing elements are halves of an antique leather eyeglasses case I bisected. I'm doing this with a few pieces, the ones that can stand up to additional elements being added. It was fun making the whole leathery gentleman's study more literal.

10 comments:

tony said...

He Looks Cosy,As If In An Armchair.

Clowncar said...

it's nice to see the wizard behind the curtain from time to time. thank you.

ArtSparker said...

CC- They aren't all so straightforward, in this case the two objects seemed well-met.

Charles Gramlich said...

cool. That does provide a nice framing for the pic.

grrl + dog said...

Now this one I love,

it's very Travis Louie.

yes.

Cobalt Violet said...

Defintely "well-met." Perfectly, I'd say. I love him, he cracks me up.

Emma J said...

Yes, perfect setting for the werewolf. This is one of my favorites btw - I love that domesticated button-moon and his shaggy suit.

Totalfeckineejit said...

the ordinary becomes extraordinary.

Jenny Woolf said...

The werewolf is one of my favourites among your images. I imagine him singing opera in his human incarnations.

goodbyecosmonaut said...

He seems an urbane and prosperous werewolf who's at peace with his dark side. He's not at all worried by the advent of that full button-moon, which is a nice twist on the usual story. I enjoy seeing all these works...the details are very engaging and the various ways you work out your ideas are always interesting.