Monday, March 21, 2011

The Thrilling Denouement

Things Etsy have gotten off to what I would describe as leisurely start (no sales so far) ...so I stopped making little things for a few days to concentrate on this. It's essentially a continuation of my mosaic sculpture work, except I used felt instead of broken dishes. The armature was our friend the styrofoam head. Since it was smaller than an actual head, I moved the architecture around quite a bit, pinning it in various ways at different times. If you want to see more views of this veritable feast for the head, see my Etsy shop at right.

11 comments:

Karin på FOX said...

Looks like some extra eyes there. Can be useful. Nice work.

grrl + dog said...

eyes in the back of your head?

Totalfeckineejit said...

That is strange and cool, a perfect combo!

notmassproduced said...

Wild :o) i like it. I wanted to let you know that we are having a 'mad hatter tea party' themed exhibition in Sept...i thought of your Alice work....xx

Titus said...

I am coveting ALL the hats, but the price of tickets for the Olympics is featuring large in the household budgetary management at the moment.
This is magnificent. One would stop traffic in it! I've also got my eye on the white one.

ger said...

Hey, that´s great... - and you found a wonderful model for your head feasts...

ger said...

Oh, it´s you - as I now found out, visiting your etsy (nice new header...) - wonderful model, nevertheless...;)

Eric Barclay said...

This is so cool!

Megan said...

Give me a month or two. I'm still recovering my moving expenses. I'll be there!

Cobalt Violet said...

Oh my god... It's totally awesome. (but apparently somehow brought out my inner valley girl?) I love it.
:)

jude said...

i'd know those eyes anywhere. nice hat