Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Kitchen Sink Alchemy


So I went to this link and found out you can do this cool thing with tarnished silver- just put it in a receptacle lined with aluminum foil with the silver bits touching the aluminum, then boil water, put baking soda in the water, and pour over the stuff in the container - big foamy action, you can see the tarnish in the water. I think this might be fun to do with kids on a rainy day. Above, before - below, after. Alot easier than polishing, and you don't end up with bits of polish enmeshed with the silver. I'll be showing some more kitchen sink action here soon. Did I mention my father was a chemist?

3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

...thanks for the silver polishing tip...I do have a tarnished silver cup around here somewhere...I might try this! and I really love that stone...what is it? what a beautiful pale color it is.

Charles Gramlich said...

That's pretty cool. I love the lacy look to these.

susan christensen said...

Acclaim for this alchemy!