Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lost (in time) Tribe

Spotting this headline caused me to think that, if it were twenty years ago and I saw this, I would be as bewildered as some member of a sequestered Amazon tribe. Is an Obama a person or a sort of bird, and is debt some sort of inhalant, perhaps the reverse of nitrous oxide, which causes the normally high-pitched voice to become  "tough" (gravelly, Tom Waits like)? Dizzying to think of the headlines of the future.

Not that I don't support the tough tweeting - go O!

7 comments:

susan christensen said...

Tough tweet is rather an oxymoron... I rejoice that the tweeter in this case is not a moron. Go O!

Celeste Bergin said...

LOL, I agree, if we were like Austin Powers and woke up a couple decades later....we'd be perplexed at every turn!

Charles Gramlich said...

You're so right. It's like a whole other langauge. Talk about a lesson in context.

ArtSparker said...

Charles- maybe you could work a story around it? Do you remember the old story "What about us grils"?

grrl + dog said...

hopefully he outsources his tweets, so as not to get plastered one night and author some kind of tweet-rant.

Cobalt Violet said...

That is hilarious ... Even in high school or college I wouldn't have imagined owning a computer or a phone I could walk around with ... Every couple of years something new and strange becomes "normal!"
Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Jenny Woolf said...

Tweets tough, I like it. I often look at ads and wonder what people even a generation ago would have thought - let alone Victorians.