Sunday, June 26, 2011

After the Ball was over...

The garage sale, actually...offerings to the neighborhood gods. Irish kitsch, with a label reading "luck", in case anyone misses the point.

Some very shiny wood items from the Philippines, with a spoon reading "Soup 10", this was from a neohippie gathering a few years back which wasn't quite my cup of tea (so no sentimental value). Now you know, but it will probably be a mystery to the person who removes the set.

A somewhat random collection of patterned whites, vaguely coordinated with fire hydrant.

Don't you wish you lived nearby?

Ed: All gone now...

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Have you just left these things out for people to take or are you selling them? Is the fire hydrant included?!

ArtSparker said...

These are things which were unsold at the garage sale, so I made little collections of them. Two collections gone already....

tabs4959 said...

I love stuff like this. I would definitely be uplifted if I walked by this in my neighborhood!!!

Celeste Bergin said...

a nice idea! which collection has not been picked up yet? The leprechaun? I love the dishes next to the fire hydrant!

yvette said...

yes, I so much want to live by!
Sorry Suzan...lots of hectic here, I better my life and ....
lovelovelove

susan christensen said...

Yes, I DO wish i lived nearby, for all sorts of reasons... sus

Sarah said...

I see! My favourite street find, aside from skip treasure, is my two kitchen chairs. They were left out only about three houses away, along with an old wooden ironing board. The ironing board went back on the street as it smelled of smoke, but the chairs were painted and covered and are great!

Jenny Woolf said...

Sometimes you find good things on walls or pavements. I found a beautiful wrought iron small table with a faded woven blue top, looks like something out of a 1960s French movie.