Monday, August 22, 2011

Ahab or the Whale: Which are You?


Two items married by me and listed just now in my etsy shop. Well, you know...if I'd found a china albatross instead of a white china whale, the story might have gone differently.

Aye, aye! It was that accursed white whale that razed me; made a poor pegging lubber of me for ever and a day!... I'll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition's flames before I give him up. And this is what ye have shipped for, men! to chase that white whale on both sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till he spouts black blood and rolls fin out.

---from Moby Dick, Herman Melville

I don't know about you, but some days I feel like Ahab, and some days I feel like the whale.