Thursday, February 23, 2012

Neighborhood hijinks


Awhile back after a garage sale, I left a china Madonna sitting next door where my dear neighbor Carlos lives. It stayed there for about four months before it disappeared, making him nervous because he thought his neighbors would think that as someone from a Latin country he himself had placed it there in an effort to convert them. What they will make of a cherub blowing a marble out of a little trumpet I don't know.

Well, Carlos brought me some very nice soup last week so I figure he deserves a new guardian.

What can you put outside in your neighborhood? If you put a bit of small scale public artishness out, take a photo, and post it on your blog, I'll edit in a link in here.

Little people spotted here:

Titus the dog

6 comments:

Titus said...

Ooh, ooh, so excited! We'll put our making caps on.

Celeste Bergin said...

what a good idea!

Charles Gramlich said...

LOl. Lana used to put things out in the woods, fairies, that sort of thing. We should start doing that again.

grrl + dog said...

I've been doing this for aobut four years now. Outside my house, I get stuff like old barbies, plastic dinos and toys and create little dioramas.

Kids love them

Titus said...

We made pine cone people! Here:
http://titusthedog.blogspot.com/2012/02/bit-of-small-scale-public-artishness.html

Francesca Davis said...

OOooh! Today Mpls temps are supposed to reach 60ºF (15C)--so this afternoon I am going to engage Marz in this Public Art Project.
Will get back to you...
Fresca