Monday, March 14, 2011

Rain

Hi guys. I've just been sewing and shrinking sweaters in the wash like a posessed fiend. I seem to be going over to the crafty side. And trying Etsy once again...before, I was trying to sell mosaic plates, somehow I seemed to lose the profit with the shipping. Felt is lighter! Also doesn't break! Also smaller!

My plan is to show you what I'm working on now and then, along with some crafty hints. I will also be breaking out the craft blogs and posting them at top on the sidebar.

Anyway, let me just start with one tiny thing. In forcing a needle through several thick layers, you can use a wide-ish rubber band where the point of the needle is sticking out to pull it the rest of the way through the fabric.

See you tomorrow, when I will start visiting.

At right, a link to my etsy shop. Heh, if you visit there, let me know if you recognize the cinematic reference (reviewed here a while back).

16 comments:

susan christensen said...

Artsparker, Let me be the first to say huzzah to your return! I look forward to your new blog approach, and to learning (and sharing) crafty tips with you. The rubber band deal is new to me, and ingenious! Although not a felter (yet) sewing in general sometimes calls for getting that needle thru tough thicknesses, and I will try this in hopes of saving my fingers.

ArtSparker said...

Thanks, Susan. I felt kind of funny posting it because it's so odd, so I''m glad you find it potentially useful.

Celeste Bergin said...

Hi Artspark! Love the new work in your Etsy shop...my favorite (I think) is the rose/thorn necklace...wow is that beautiful! Well, everything is....you are sooooo clever! Welcome back!

Titus said...

Yay! Good to see you back.

Titus said...

I can't remember you reviewing The Court Jester. Brilliant film, mind.
1,2,3...
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true!

Bee said...

Yours is a wide-reaching creativity! Best of luck with your new ventures. In the fabric line, have you ever tried scarves?

ArtSparker said...

Titus-

Oh, I haven't seen that film. It was another film to which I was referring in the title section at the top.

Anja said...

Oh, I'm so happy to see you back!
Your shop is great.... love the white rain-cloud!!!!

Eva said...

Nice to see you again, Susan! Congrats to your new work, and I keep my fingers crossed for your success! Whatever material you touch -- it is sure to become a piece of art.

Tammie Lee said...

such a wonderful piece! i look forward to seeing your creations. wishing you success!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Welcomely Backlo Sparkler!

Clowncar said...

hey, glad to see you back. that nutty blue felt panther has stolen my heart.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

welcome back to the bloggyhood.

lighter works.

congrats (and best) on the new ventures and adventures.

namaste! will check out etsy!!!

grrl + dog said...

A new direction -
I adore felt
and its good to see you creating in real life...

Tomás Serrano said...

Long time. Beautiful stuff. It remainds me of "Girl With a Pearl Earring"...

Deb G said...

Love this! Felting/fulling is a very fun and magical process.