Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Work in Progress

I made a paisley....now it is going to be part of a corporate entity.

Don't think this counts as a craft tip, but I am learning that the photogenic quality of the model (thank you, Faith) does not compensate for the operator's deliberately limiting her knowledge about equipment. As in, read the manual for the camera. As with most creatives, this falls for me into the area of following the recipe and is met with much resistance and agonizing.

But photos are not clay, or felt...

8 comments:

kathrin said...

I like to see that, big hugh Kathrin

Tammie Lee said...

yes photographing art can be painful

love your paisley

Charles Gramlich said...

I am amazed at people like my wife who really know how to frame and take a great photo.

jess said...

Yeah I fall into the category of people who can't use the camera, refuse to look at the manual, and bitch about how bad my pictures come out. I am terrible with that.
But this picture, and your work, is making me smile. :)

urbandon (Don Pezzano) said...

Manual? What's that?

patricia said...

i believe that photography is mostly about light (modelling objects, sometimes)and not objects themselves (only). A propper register of light on objects not necessarily constitutes a "good portrait" of the things themselves (do things exists for themselves? ha) . Camera is the device and sometimes it´s tiring getting to know it, if you are not sort of "device-freak" . Automatic and intuition, trial and error work as well as manuals. :)

Fresca said...

A paisely!
I never thought of isolating one... :)

Titus said...

Paisley! I love that Persian pattern from Scotland! No longer the land of shawls, it is now the town of roundabouts. And more roundabouts.

I feel the fault lies more with the authors of the manuals which have an inherent unreadability for the layperson.