Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mysteries of the Antiques Centre

In the back, a doll in an abandoned pose on a snarling lynx. It's like a giant dollhouse with decaying toys. I wish I had rearranged it before I left, James (the owner) shouldn't be the only one having fun...

Confronted by a sphinx of sorts

The piano on which this teddy bear is sitting is free to anyone who wants it, although probably a little out of tune.

This is an entry in the Nature's Whispers Sharing treasures (of your locale)linkery.

10 comments:

Totalfeckineejit said...

We need a piano.Do they post?

Celeste Bergin said...

It's all a "little out of tune"--that's whats so good about it.

Charles Gramlich said...

The house of misfit toys!

steve said...

Yes, always makes for great photography, huh? My uncle had one of those cats. He left it at my grandmothers house, in the bedroom where I'd sleep as a kid when i visited her. It was both frightening and strangely appealing to me.

ArtSparker said...

Steve- it is a particular era, early sixties, when dolls had those sideways glances and abstracted animals looked as if they were keeping some secret. I wonder what? Nuclear fission?

tony said...

Youve reminded me! We have an old shop in Hebden Bridge that's supposed to have lots of toys & such on display.For some reason,Ive not yet visited it.I will this week! I could do with a spot of Nuclear fission !

aleph said...

"Susan at antiques centre(s)" : I do enjoy your incursions in these places, almost (al most) as if I could be there too.
The first pic with doll on lynx fascinates with a strange sort of seduction mistery to my eyes. I wonder how little out of tune that piano is...

Titus said...

Ooh, too scary. Every picture is watching me.
I love it.

Jasmine said...

Thank you for joining in Susan, I have finally got the post up and will add your link. I've had computer worries!

I love the sphinx :)

Tomás Serrano said...

The blind in one eye cat is a great figure... specially for an Adams Family´s bedroom.