Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Sense of Place


The shot at left shows Bowden, a walkway down the hill from where I live. This is the walkway at the foot of which I took the green man photo yesterday. Past the tree you see a fence. This fronts a yard in which a man named Norm, who is quite old, lives in the little wooden structure with the blue door. He takes good car of the the squirrels in the area, who have no hesitation in approaching and looking up at you as if they are about to speak. Apparently he cut a little section of the fence out so they could come and go through a squirrel-sized doorway.

I've been looking at some blogs lately whose authors post photographs as well as history of their areas/travels in their country. Here are just three, in New York , in Paris and in Bangalore . Turns out there is a center for this, as I found out from the last link, That's my World , for any armchair travellers that are feeling the need to get away.