Monday, April 26, 2010

Exuberance

As some of you know, I am fond of efflorescence. This doesn't look like it took almost four hours, does it? I started with a drawing of a man with flowering sideburns, then I altered a photo of a man and wife...now that I have made this into a t-shirt working digitally, I can paint on it for real.

For those of you who enjoy altering art, Steve Loya has a new blog up, a sort of monster laboratory. Check out A Splotch Monster a Day.

For my London readers, Jenny Woolf is giving a talk on The Mystery of Lewis Carroll this Friday at the Art Workers Guild, sounds like a wonderful venue.

10 comments:

ger said...

The wife didn´t appreciate his efflorescing kisses I guess + set off to give him Hörner with a clean-shaven rival...

Fresca said...

Four hours is easy to believe.

I'd be interested to hear how long it takes people to make something (visual or verbal) for a blog post...
I'm not sure if it'd be more or less than I'd guess.
( I always spend way more time than it might seem.)

Shayna Prentice said...

'Exuberance' - an excellent title for such a happy image.

Clowncar said...

That must weigh heavy on the lip.

Reminds me of Dr. Suess's Gertrude McFuzz and her overly exuberant tail.

tabs4959 said...

Love this spot on a Monday morning. It reminds me that I can survive this week too by just remembering and whispering to myself "Exuberance," and then having a smile that no one can figure out even when I explain it to them!!!

Steve said...

Loving them handlebars!

Dougald Hine said...

Hi Susan -

Off-topic, but just wanted to say thanks for your comment on our blog - and if you are in the UK in late May, as I think I picked up from Antonio Dias, it would be a delight to have you with us at UNCIVILISATION 2010.

Dougald Hine
(The Dark Mountain Project)

Titus said...

So exuberant!
And very topical for we in the UK, as debates currently in progress as to what each of our prospective leaders' moustaches would look like, should they grow one. That's the level of political debate.

And thanks for the splotch monster link.

Chris David Richards said...

The finest 'tache I have ever seen.

Ginga Squid said...

Indeed - what a fine tache!
I'm off to check out your other T-shirts too......