Monday, April 12, 2010

The Process of my Deathless Art

The above is an altered antique papercut of a little boy in a sailor suit. I got sort of fascinated by the giant bunny head and decided to make a t-shirt. At first I was going to have two bunnies falling toward the tribble-like things collected in the bottom of the oval....
...but then I picked up this motif from one of the antique photos I have altered...


...so this is how the t-shirt turned out
(it's on redbubble, I have titled it "Perils of Passion".

14 comments:

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

wow it is so nice this t-shirt, i like it so much

Charles Gramlich said...

Cute. Love those outfits.

Jasmine said...

These would make really sweet cards too. I love the bunny theme.

ArtSparker said...

Jasmine- This may be a continuing theme, it's always like a new parallel universe that can be manifested or not.

Steve said...

There is something Ninja like about your bunnies... I think it's all that black (and that ain't a criticism)!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Love the bunnies falling in love!

tabs4959 said...

This made me laugh out loud. Nice way to start a Monday morning!!!

Clowncar said...

the bunny in the sailor suit looks so pensive. was the little boy whose head replaced pensive as well?

thanks again for the link. met somebody virtually I had met physically decades ago, because we both came to your site. you are a goddess of synchronicity!

Titus said...

Tribbles and Harvey Jnr! Fantastic.

Loved the perils too.

Tomás Serrano said...

Brilliant, Susan!

Eva said...

... sitting here, in the quiet night, giggiggiggling...

Shayna Prentice said...

I am in continual awe of your art, Susan.

justdoodleit said...

Cool. I like the falling bunnies also.

JJ Beazley said...

As a big fan of rabbits, I approve.