Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Aye Aye

I was looking for images of bears on the internet, trying to build up an editorial portfolio for a revised illustration site (bear market), when I came across photos of the aye aye, a Malagasay lemur. Apparently it's very endangered. Sure is appealing. If any illustrators stop by, check out redbubble.com. I've been trying to find a place that does print on demand which I know is not relying on 10 year olds in South America. This place uses American apparel for their t-shirts, which is based in L.A., and seems like a really sweet community. Anyway, that's where this image is destined for. If anyone from illustration friday goes over there, hope you'll say hello if you join up.

Oh, also I'm feeling indecisive about whether I want the word nocturnal in there. Please comment if you have an opinion.

6 comments:

Jennifer Katherine said...

Redbubble.com, huh? I've been looking for places to print stuff too.

matt dawson said...

A great character image which, and this is just my opinion, doesn't need the 'nocturnal'. For me the word vies for attention with the Aye Aye's eyes... (that sounds like a song title or children's book if ever I heard one :). If you are attached to having the word maybe it could be printed on the sleeve or back of the T shirt...?

kyklops said...

I'm (sort of) with Matt on the "nocturnal": if it's going to be framed or something, drop it; on a tee I think I would leave it, but play with the placement.
Looking again, though, it would make a cool tee without the text...

ArtSparker said...

Thanks for the critques, guys - I will go with your advice.

parisa mahmoudi said...

Great character and colors,fantastic!

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

this is so so so cute