Thursday, May 20, 2010

Peek at Erendira

Here is a detail of the illustration for Garcia Marquez's The Incredible and Sad Tale of Innocent Eréndira and her Heartless Grandmother. If you want to know what is going on here before the 30th, you will have to read the story.

The (theoretical, volcano-dependent) date for my departure to England is approaching. As of today, I have an illustration project to occupy me at Pound View Farm - that would be drawings for The Poetry Bus Magazine, now virtually incarnated as a blog.

9 comments:

Hence72 said...

love it

Charles Gramlich said...

Hope everything goes off without a hitch for your England trip.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

do you know sally (aka lettuce)? she lives in london and is DELIGHTFUL - met her a few years ago at a blogger convergence in dc and she'd be terrifically sweet to share a pint with if you have time....

i'm crossing my fingers that 2011 will take me to the u.k. for a couple weeks - scotland and england if I can add a third week i'd add ireland! ah, to dream.

having a great time goes without saying!

Jasmine said...

I love it when you use colour in your work. Wishing you a safe journey to England and looking forward to meeting you in person xJ

Eva said...

Lovely drawing! So bold and carefree. Reminds me of Henri Matisse (whose work just got stolen in Paris, as I heard in the news today).

Tammie Lee said...

wonderfully colorful piece. Fantastic that it will be in this new mag. Wishing you a grand time in England!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Bone voyagey.
Don't forget yer pencils!
And thanks fer the plug!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Have you got a sink?

Shayna Prentice said...

A wonderfully appropriate illustration for Erendira.