Monday, November 16, 2009

This new discovery seemed familiar as his heartbeat, yet infinitely strange


This was so much fun - I went on a sketching meetup with a great group of people, drew the characters and cut them out (except for one I brought with me) on location and then photographed them in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.

On urbandon, you can see closely observed nature from a different part of the world.

I'm thinking there are echoes here and in other places on the web of Baudelaire's "Correspondances"

La Nature est un temple où de vivants piliers
Laissent parfois sortir de confuses paroles....

Nature is a temple whose living pillars
Sometimes give forth strange perfumes...

12 comments:

steve said...

Insanely cool Susan - sounds like fun!Such a great area for art, artists and nature!

Adam said...

He has rather a large jacket on, but it looks warm in your photos. Can it be warm in San Francisco in November?

Caio Fernandes said...

this is such an exiting feeling . what is it ?

kathrin said...

at that parc I was at may of 2008, it was wonderful at SF I love that city !!!! herzlichst Kathrin

ArtSparker said...

Caio- Now I have another assoication with what I wrote, I think I will do an edit.

Kathrin - You must let me know if you are planning a trip here again, I would love to show you around.

Bee said...

Love the Baudelaire . . . and also the sun shining through petals.

Jasmine said...

The pictures have a lot of life in them. The quote is wonderful. Thank you :)

Titus said...

So lovely, but I am intrigued. What has he been sticking his nose into, and what is that in his right hand?

Combination of picture and quote made me come over all Tempest-y, which is strange because it's aural.

Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open and show riches
Ready to drop upon me that, when I waked,
I cried to dream again.

ArtSparker said...

Titus- it's a magnifying glass in his right hand.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

oh hi! I do remember your work. I have been a member since 08 but finally decided it was time to actually participate. ;-)

Raph G. Neckmann said...

This looks like great fun and very creative!

Thank you for your lovely comment at my blog!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Magnifique!