Sunday, June 13, 2010

I have looked into the eyes of Joe the Dog

This is a dog on a monument in Highgate Cemetery, near where I stayed in North London. Joe is a living dog, earnest, sober and dignified, living in New Paltz, New York. I did not get a photo of him, but let me just say I have never before had my face licked in the courteous, considerate manner in which Joe does this. More dogs on TinyTheatre.

If you are ever in New Paltz, stop by Briarwood Court and ask for Joe the dog. You can tell them I sent you.

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Better than an angel watching over you.

California Girl said...

I swear, if I had the money I'd have had headstones for all my pets and they'd all be in one garden together. I LOVE this.

We have moved so damn many times we don't have one garden to put them in. We do, however, have three sets of cremated remains: Wheatie, our yellow lab who died in 1987; Jake, our black lab/spaniel mix who died in 2004; and Maggie, my beloved cat who died last Dec. sniff

Lorenzo said...

And all I recall from Highgate are the tombs of Karl Marx and Christina Rossetti!

Chris David Richards said...

Not all dogs lick your face in a courteous and considerate manner. Some are just plain rude. I can see that Joe is one of the good sorts.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Ooh! I've always wanted to go to Highgate cemetary.Isn't Karlo Marxio in there?

ArtSparker said...

TFE- Yes, and his head was enormous if his monument is accurate.

Celeste Bergin said...

Oh I have been to the Highgate
Cemetery! My favorite cemetery of all time...! That is a gorgeous monument.

Tomás Serrano said...

Wonderful tomb!

Titus said...

I now know what I want my gravestone to look like.