Thursday, June 10, 2010

Return

Above, Katherine and Olive in Central Park just after Katherine placed the stick you see in the photo- in the end, I gave some of the sticks to the bloggers I met in London at our pub night - joe the illustrator , the scrybe, and lettuce. Earlier that day, I was given a tour of the Portobello Road and Kensington Gardens by feltbug and visited the Victoria and Albert with Jenny Woolf of from somewhere in time. Earlier in the week, I met Jasmine of nature's whispers and we explored Bristol together. I also met the delightful Cláudia, with two of her family members , in front of Buckingham Palace.

I'm back - late last night, and anyone considering going through New York should know that JFK, no picnic at the best of times, has a runway down right now. I arrived to find the cat is in immediate need of the vet, so I'm going to have to visit you all later today.

20 comments:

Shayna Prentice said...

Welcome home! I hope all goes well with your cat.

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad you made it home safely.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Welcomely back-a-rooney!Hope kitty is ok. Couldn't get to The Porcupine in Londinium as I wished.Got the illustrations though and they are deliciously delightful.Perfect!

Tomás Serrano said...

I hope you´ll share soon some photographs and comments about the City...

Steve said...

Glad you're back safely - hope the kitty is soon A1 again too.

Joe Beale said...

Hey Susan, It was really great meeting you and the other bloggers, and good fun to hear people's stories and see each others' work. I really liked the images you showed me, it's good to see them in front of me and not just on screen. I still haven't decided where to place the stick you gave me, I will send you a photo when I choose a suitable location. Hopefully we can catch up again next time you're in the UK...

Fiona said...

Welcome back to your home.

femminismo said...

Can't wait to hear more!

Titus said...

Great to see you back! London and Bristol - my two "home" cities!
Good luck with the cat, hope it's nothing too serious.

Bee said...

It sounds like a whirlwind. I hope you and the cat feel more settled soon.

I had a bloggers dinner in Oxford last night . . . it's so much fun to meet the people off the pages.

Clowncar said...

JFK is a nightmare. Try going there via subway and bus carrying luggage. Steam comes out of your ears, just like in cartoons.

Glad you are back. Hope the kitty is over her medical emergency.

Tom said...

great fun! and best wishes to cat.

ArtSparker said...

Clowncar- re JFK, I did. A little aggressive car came up and butted the bus from New Paltz a couple of blocks before the Port Authority. There was a delay on Jamaica Station bound E due to "an earlier incident".

steve said...

Welcome back Susan! Glad you had fun and met some new folks. Best wishes to your kitty!

The Crow said...

Welcome home!

Celeste Bergin said...

Welcome back--! Hope kitty is doing better!

Jenny Woolf said...

I've written about our meeting on my blog - and I hope the cat is better now!

Kaetlyn Wilcox said...

Welcome back! I hope the cat gets well soon. I need to stop being lazy and start working out the details of my backpacking trip so that it can include a visit to the real, live ArtSpark Theatre!

Jasmine said...

Welcome back! It was wonderful to meet you. Sounds like you have been every bit as busy as I have with this house move. xJ

tony said...

You Looked To Have Had A Fine Time.Sorry I Missed You On This Journey.Regards.Tony.