Saturday, July 3, 2010

At the Antique Centre



You never know who you'll meet...

Overheard, James getting fed up with a regular: "If you'd just pay me the money you owe me, you could shop like a normal person". Did I mention the Antique Centre is on Telegraph Avenue? Many crunchy colorful characters. Oh - also I picked up 14 wonderful photos and postcards there, a world of possibilities. In one of them I seem to recognize myself, but no one else in the photo...

To the owner of Aria (I seem to remember your name is Bill) the work I used the birds print for is actually on my other blog, Tinytheatre - Blame it on artistic absent-mindedness.

8 comments:

Chris David Richards said...

Sometimes I like old things. The story that comes with them. The fact that time increases worth.

ger said...

Same with most of my dreams - I recognize myself in them, but no one else... - I especially like the eyes, they´ve seen their share of the normal, crunchy, colorful...

Charles Gramlich said...

Those gnomes always scare me just a little.

tony said...

Will IKEA stuff ever hold & Absorb so many feelings+memories?

Jasmine said...

I love the elf quality of the doll in the first picture.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Wish we had a shop like that nearby.

Poet in Residence said...

The gnome looks almost like the one I found recently in a craftshop. The colouring, I liked. I gave it to my mum on her 90th birthday. These kinds of things make suitable presents.

Jenny Woolf said...

Recognising yourself in a photo where nobody else is familiar is a bit like walking down the street and seeing that all the litter around the place relates to you.