Friday, December 25, 2009

Unexpected Present

The best kind, I think. I got my very own copy of Salfón the Roofcleaner from Tomás Serrano in Spain. I like that this occupation of roofcleaning (done with a simple broom) , is humble yet above and apart from the village. It's a story of an unlikely and successful partnership between Salfón and the unwitchlike witch Rubina. Another book review on Monday, tomorrow I'll show part of a little art project I'm doing today which is connected with the next illustration challenge. Have a relaxing day, everyone.

6 comments:

Cláudia said...

"What he saw let him petrified!"

Bright, colorful,cheerful - what else do you want from a present?

I wonder what happened to the book Tomás left near the "Hollywood" Sign in LA.

steve said...

Wonderful Susan - looks like a fine book! All the best to you!

Steve

Celeste Bergin said...

I want that book! Merry Christmas, Artspark!

California Girl said...

clever drawings. I've rec'd several very original cards from artist friends this year. They are a treat and I always save them.

Happy New Year Susan!

Tomás Serrano said...

Thank you Susan for your help in the translation. It´s another present for me appearing again in your great blog. I wish you all the best next year.

aleph said...

I met this little so lovable Salfón the Roofcleaner through a link you posted weeks ago. I imagine it must be so beautiful to have the book in one´s hands. The drawings are great, a pleasure to be seen.