Sunday, August 30, 2009

Readers Request #2

Although I had hurried past its window many times, it was the first time I had ventured into the little shop, a last resort in my search - it seemed as if it might be a haven for the hidden, lost and necessary.

This illustration combines three suggestions:

Ger's of a catsuit with eyes on the sleeves – You can see her recombined fabrics on The Gerdiary

Tom's of the discovery of his sister's head in the back room - you can see his delightful drawings and meandering verse on Half-moose with a twist

Peadar's relentless campaigning for the effulgent Shane McGowan - you can see his poetry and other ruminations on Totalfeckineejit. This is a pre-bloat Shane, although even then he was no oil painting.

I will post Alices later today.

11 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

this is a very good drawing .
i liked the detais around the main charater .

subtorp77 said...

I keep waiting for the Raven to pop up, in this drawing. There's just a Poe-ish feel to it( or maybe that's just me ). I like.

@Tom, so that's where her head got to-LOL!

And like the textile work over at Gerdiary (1st time over there ).

TFE's I've touched on a couple of times but need to visit the archives...do love the humour!

Asja said...

this turned to be a really fun and interesting surreal piece!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Whoah!!That is BOSS! Now that was worth waiting for!It's totally brilliant.That is just so Shaney Mac, that can't be easy, how do you do it, how do you make eyes look kind? And I love all the background detail,especially the liver in the jar, Ha! Ha! And the lizzard half in and half out.And the black bin bag, Ha! Ha!Thanks Susan. :)

ger said...

... it was a catsuit, actually - but I can fully understand that this gentleman would look silly in one...

ArtSparker said...

Ger- I have edited the post to replace coat with cat suit.

But Shane MacGowan looks silly pretty much all the time.

Jasmine said...

Impressive! I know I've said it before but this is magic. Your work just keeps getting better. Surreal sits you.

moaromigboyles said...

Great collaboration...so interesting and mysterious.

Tom said...

Fun...there's a lot to see in this awesome illustration. Inspiring stuff, indeed!

Titus said...

I had to look. And I saw the snowman.
Terribly good, actually.

ArtSparker said...

Titus-

I am glad you liked the snowman. Something for everybody, then.