Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reader's Request

This image is the result of the synthesis of three suggestions on last Sunday's post:

From justdoodle it, the idea of the round building providing transport to a different dimension.
     ~ See his blog for visual ruminations.
From Bindu, the idea of chewing toward enlightenment
     ~ See her blog for an appreciation of surroundings near and far
From Inky, the idea of enlightenment from breaking through limitations
    ~ See her blog for poetry.

If you can't remember where you have seen an image similar to this, it's the Flammarion Woodcut, an image permanently printed on my brain the first time I saw it.

I have an Alice to post later today

13 comments:

mum said...

wow, grazing the stars. Looks like it's a good day for you, Susan.

best from Graulhet.

Titus said...

Really interesting to read the work's evolution. Wonderful image, love the depth (both senses).

Chris David Richards said...

The idea of chewing towards enlightenment is the most profound thing I've heard in a while.

Caio Fernandes said...

i liked this sky , for some reason it seens as animal as the girafe .

subtorp77 said...

I can see how this image would remain in your mind. Quite nice, actually...off to visit the trio :)

Jasmine said...

Reaching for the stars. A beautiful illustration.

Asja said...

Beautiful! It's fascinating how an idea for this illustration developed! Brilliant!

Inky said...

WOW I am so thrilled.. TY Susan, I thought your idea of everyone writing there own take on the photo was great, I loved it. TY so much for chosing me as one of your picks.. WOW.. You are truly Remarkable. TY


love the image result of the synthesis.. wonderful

Straight_UP said...

I love the faint crosshatching in the night sky. This would make a fantastic full scale painting.

justdoodleit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammie Lee said...

I think this piece is wonderful!Neat that you let a few people inspire you.

Son of Incogneato said...

Fantastic Susan! Is this going to be available on a T-shirt? My collection is growing . . .

- Son of somebody

bindu said...

That's a great illustration! Absolutely perfect. Combining the themes is a great idea - you really have a talent for this.