Saturday, January 23, 2010

Journeying cards

More cards have been placed. I need to upload the set on TinyTheatre and link, will do so later. This one was placed outside of Trader Joe's, a nearby store. I experimented with cutting and then folding up the face cards after collaging them. Inside Trader Joe's recently:

A 4-year-old coolly informing his mother she was "not his friend". After I had purchased my groceries I observed him swinging, giddy with joy, around a pole while waiting for this same mother to finish her purchases. Today, a sales clerk adding up groceries while incorporating a bit of song and a dance move.

Still hoping to get more people to participate in the Valentine's Day prompt - just leave Valentine's Day wishes for a stranger, as a collage, card, or poem in a place where someone will find it, take a photo of your placement, and I'll link to you February 14. Let me know here or in the comments for the original post if you have done so.

13 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

such a grand idea, these valentine's.
i envy that you have a trader joe's!

Celeste Bergin said...

what a good idea--I will be following this. I'd love to find your playing card-valentine!

Poet in Residence said...

Sardines in "fish oil". It goes without saying, after all sardines are oily fish, or does it? I wonder what kind of fish oil it is. Does it say in the microprint?

Salmon Cat Food I bought featured glorious leaping pink fish on label. Miniscule & hard to read underneath: 'product contains 4% salmon'.

Iranian artist Ahmad Nadalian carves fish on stones and puts them in dried-up streams and river beds in the Damavand for people to find.

Ginga Squid said...

That is so colourful! Do you stay & spy on who picks it up?

Love the bored doggie in the background!

Eva said...

Fascinating. The royal dignitiy, bearing the stars although in Fish Oil. We should all have the pride to wear a crown if we happen to be in fish oil, too.

lettuce said...

oh to be giddy with joy

subby said...

Alas, I'm not one to celebrate St. Valentine's, tho' I like the idea of the journeying cards :)

yvette said...

just a quick kiss

tony said...

Valentine's Day ! Its soon! What is "Trader Joe's" ?

ArtSparker said...

Tony - It's a grocery store with proprietory brands.

ArtSparker said...

Eva - I hadn't thought out the metaphor...but he's a fragile , uncertain King behind his bearing...

Cláudia said...

How lovely - king of diamonds changed his sword for a shining instrument adorned with stars (what's that btw?).

That might cheer up the suicidal king (what have he been up to lately, btw?)

Reminds me it is almost carnival - time for a complete change of parameters (at least in Brazil, where this celebration is the most expected event in the calendar).

Jasmine said...

This is such fun. I received your collage pack this morning. Thank you. I may try and make a few. may be worth getting up extra early and placing them in key places so people find them on their way into work. A great way to start the day. You take care x