Saturday, January 23, 2010

P is for the Boring Virtue

Kind of a melodramatic drawing of life's undramatic moments...trying to keep emotions in suspension. I drew this while I was waiting for my camera to be delivered - thank you, Sony, it appears to fixed.

It's a good muscle to develop...John Keats thought a necessary quality for creative achievement was "Negative Capability, that is when man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without reaching after fact & reason". Here's a collage on the same subject on coffeemessiah.

This is an odd song - I think it's a bolero, can someone more musically sophisticated than me tell me if it is? It's a terribly lush romantic song with lyrics countering the romantic/dramatic agenda. Heh.

Don't let me borrow, don't let me bring
Don't let me wallow, don't make me sing
Let me see just who I will become.

---I am Kloot, Avenue of Hope

9 comments:

Poet in Residence said...

Having visited the ArtSpark Theatre several times I find I am inspired to search for my missing box of drawing pencils. I hope I can find them.

Whatever you do DON'T go dancing in brand new shoes.

Jasmine said...

Interesting philosophy, Keats might just have something there. We can't e inspired or productive all the time...

Cláudia said...

You made me laugh a lot when I read this:

"Sometimes I feel I am ten years old and leading the other kids around the neighborhood pretending to be Sherlock Homes making deductions with no actual clue..."

Your posts have this quality of putting my (and I guess lots of other readers too) mind to work quite hard. I don't mind whether you have or not the answers to your own puzzling clues. It's all about finding pleasure and entertainment in the game. I love to play, I am a ten year old too!

As to answers, I discovered something really nice when googling "Celebrating Maya" (thanks to a sentence you have added to your profile):

"I know why the caged bird sings. A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song".

And, Susan, you have always a song, no matter how bored you may me. Bored but never boring!

I am sorry it got big, but I got carried out this time.
Cheers!

Titus said...

I loved the opening "melodramatic drawing of life's undramatic moments".
No help whatsoever with the music I'm afraid. But P is for mouth.

Totalfeckineejit said...

P is for the toilet surely?

ArtSparker said...

TFE, as always I bow to your superior knowledge of etiquette.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

tfe's comment of course reminded me of a joke from childhood"

person a sings...abcdefghijklmnoqrstuvwxyz

person b
you missed p?

person a
no it's running down your leg

okay...totally uncalled for but I'm feeling kind of monty phythonish this evening!!

and things were getting mighty lofty there with keats and bolero and all that!

xxxxmouse

Fresca said...

Ah, patience.
As other virtues (or burdens?) fly out the window at mid-life, I find this one comes tip-toeing in.

Tomás Serrano said...

I like this illustration very much. It´s so elegant.