Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Challenge

You may recall this sequence of cards I put out for people to find. I thought it might be nice to offer these for collage to those who would like to do the same for February 14. One per customer, I don't know why the queen of hearts is missing, she must have gone into some art project, and I find the suicide king insufficiently cheery (I may alter that one considerably myself and place it). Or~~~you can collage your own card, of this or any kind, and leave it out for someone to find. If you put it in place on, or slightly before February 14 and take a picture of it that you post on your blog, I will link to you.

If you choose one of these cards, I'll send some materials in the envelope with the card, which you are free to use, or not, in collaging. Just keep it clean, okay? Let me know in comments if you are interested, I have removed my email address after too many as solicitations.

Some fun, huh, kids?

17 comments:

Jasmine said...

i'm game for this one. i'm just learning to play with collage right now. Fun. But since you have limited cards, i'm happy to use my own playing cards if you have other takers.

Fresca said...

I want to play! I want to play!
Puh-leeeeeeez!
But I want the 9 of hearts, is that possible? I don't see it there by your cute red socks. Well, if not, I'll take whatever you send. Do you still have my address from when you sent me the calendar?
How fun.

ArtSparker said...

Hi francesca - I will have a look around for the Nine, no promises though. Little things have a way of vanishing around here. If I can't find it, I will send you the six...If you are very, very good with an exacto knife, you could at least fix the corner numbers...

Joei Rhode Island said...

Maybe...just maybe the King and Queen ran off to be together.
Love the shoes with the red socks.

Buffaloparade said...

ah thank you. Your blog is nice, your illustrations are great. Being young is a lot of fun; but all ages have their pros. Did you find your younger years weren't as happy as your current years?

j. said...

there are a bunch of old cards lying around the house I moved into and one I distinctly remember seeing is the queen of hearts. perhaps I will try to make something of it and send it to you?


<3j.

ArtSparker said...

Buffaloparade - Yes, I just worry less as time goes by.

Charles Gramlich said...

you scared me for a minute. I thought it was valentine's day already.

Adam said...

I like this idea! I'll see what I can do...

Ginga Squid said...

I love your shoes Susan! Quite a statement with the red socks!

ArtSparker said...

Charles - I get the impression that most days are Valentine's Day for you two.

Titus said...

Yes, we're going for this one - I like the lead-in time!
Have our own cards thanks. And a lot of stuff to stick on them. Is glitter-glue allowed?

ArtSparker said...

Yay titus ensemble! Mo glitter!

Megan said...

Ooh I will be pondering this. Plenty cards here...

Sherri Levek said...

Terrific idea-the world needs more anonymous Valentine's! Spread the love.....I am going to sneak a collage somewhere in this desert town and see what happens.

Bungy32 said...

I posted my Valentines Challenge today. See it here:

http://bungynotes.blogspot.com/2010/02/valentines-artspark.html

Thanks for the delicious challenge!

Titus said...

We too! Posted today!