Thursday, February 4, 2010

Jasmine's felt Alice

This was sent to me by Jasmine of the delightful Nature's Whispers Blog - she describes a bit of her nuno felt process and the source of the image here. Jasmine has a deep love of nature which is apparent in her beautiful felt work. Visually related to this is some work on Tales from Beyond the Glimpse, if you would like to see some islands of a more organic nature than the ones James Cameron came up with for THAT movie.

Thinking here about how I can come up with something for Jasmine as lovely as this...any ideas?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That is lovely felt work. I do not know about numo felt so will go and have a look to find out more.
You are so inventive I am sure you will come up with something great that Jasmine will love!

Ginga Squid said...

That is gorgeous - and just looks so yummy & woolly. I just want to reach out and give it a scrunch! Bet it smells lovely and woolly too.....

Celeste Bergin said...

I'm a total sucker for anything with a CAT on it--so I love what she gave you. I'm thinking you should give her one of your genius tshirts? well, or one of your fabu collage sculpture thingys. She'll love whatever you do--because whatever you do... is always cool.

Totalfeckineejit said...

I read your blog title in a totally different and inappropriate manner.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

no worries about you not coming up with an equally lovely creation for jasmine.

I certainly have learned more about the versatility of felting through nature's whispers!

Jasmine said...

TFE - you made me laugh.

Susan, glad you like her. I was a little stumped as to what you would prefer.

ArtSparker said...

TFE - Possibly you need a new prescription for those spectacles I see you wearing.