Friday, February 26, 2010

You are Old, Father William/ Second Alice Series

"You are old," said the youth, "and your jaws are too weak
For anything tougher than suet;
Yet you finished the goose, with the bones and the beak–
Pray, how did you manage to do it?"

- You are Old, Father William

Recently made contact with an Alice transmogrifier in Dublin at The Josie Baggley Company, I like her melancholy take on the White Rabbit.

In news of a personal nature, one of my nephews sent me a David Lindley CD (very greasy) - listening to the song "Your Papa was a Rolling Stone" fills me with longing to do a post titled "There was some bad talk on the rockpile". However, since March is officially going to be Alice in Wonderland month here, that may have to wait...

6 comments:

femminismo said...

I like this head on the Father William character. Very vibrant, in contrast to the illustration. This Alice in Wonderland month sounds great. You have taken on quite the project, it sounds like. Thanks for the wonderful links to other bloggers and illustrators.

Celeste Bergin said...

Oh, I like this commitment to one month of Alice. Now, why don't I do something so cohesive with my blog? It would be such a good idea to have direction. I really enjoy the 3-d Father William's facial hair that provides such a good/soft transition to the printed page.

Eva said...

"Don't eat too much candy floss, it makes your head swell!"

The Josie Baggley Company said...

yes a good old fashioned regular ear bashing schmozzle can lead to one having vicelike jaws I do believe!
I do like the picture placement indeedy I do.

Thankyou so much for the link petal!

Rainey

ArtSparker said...

Femminismo - I live to link

Celeste - Believe me, it's very hard for me to focus too. When I do, it somehow becomes diffuse in the very area in which I'm focussing (witness the various Alice emanations)

Eva- I like that a lot.

lettuce said...

i'm really enjoying these object-text interactions