So my guerrilla knit-up (see (down)under) is up near where I live. I started out with a piece of tulle and marked it with stitched-on lines of yarn, then I cut the tulle between the yarn and wrapped the strips with Japanese silk (remnants found in a box) and yarn, reinforced with plastic-coated wire (you can bet I never leave a piece of electrical wiring lying on the ground). It was a bit like wrestling snakes, as wrapping the silk with yarn caused the strips to writhe in the direction of the wrapping. The little head on the flower I made some years back, just came across it this morning in my bag of weirdness. Don't throw your heads out!
As you can see, my measurements were not perfect-the tree appears to be wearing stays at the joins.
And here is an arboreal soprano preparing to belt out an aria. Working on this reminded me that I have a D.I.Y. project did a few years back that people might enjoy, I will post about it later this week.
Oliver Hertel, ein Baumversteher
46 minutes ago