Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mouse Variations

Here are variations based my interpretations/mashups of the comments.

From Nao and herminbryn the mouse as a Gandhi-like wise man
From Eva ,flawsnall and Adam, the mouse as rebelling member of the proletariat.
From Rick, mouse as wife lecturing a loutish lion
From Indrani, Jude, and Frederik , the mouse as persuader/salesman (I have been watching Mad Men lately).

If any of my narrators would like a little 4 x 5 print of this, email me at smsanford (AT) lmiDOTnet with your choice of mouse - if you prefer the unadorned original, I can send that.

13 comments:

Son of Incogneato said...

Fantastic idea, great illos. Sorry I'm too late. Next time . . .

Bee said...

The expression on the lion's face looks like he's getting "told off." I'm voting for the mouse as a lecturing wife!

flawsnall said...

too much fun!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

all mice rule!!!

oh my word verification is disputing me it is: unking.....how funny is this!

bindu said...

These are hilarious!

piperillustration said...

these are great.
i love your drawings.

Straight_UP said...

Susan... I'm speechless... too good for words.

Coffee Messiah said...

I think of M Sendak and even Thurber
; )

herhimnbryn said...

Oh I do like Gandhi Mouse. There is an emaik winging it's way to you.

Eva said...

Now this shouting mouse in front of a flabbergasted lion -- priceless!

JCR said...

Thanks for your comment on my Edward Gorey entry... I appreciate your visit very much.. let's be friends :-D

Nao said...

These are FABULOUS! You've out done yourself and we are very lucky indeed to have our own personal illustrator~

Love these, just love em!

lettuce said...

a splendid idea and marvellously executed