Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Who's Your Grandma?

Another role reversal...Little Red Riding Hood mashed up with the homicidal caped character in "Don't Look Now". Yup, it's a t-shirt

Just saw Coraline, very interesting take on the child-devouring mother. And what was with the posture of the male characters in that film? Has anyone else seen it? I haven't read the original story, but I suspect the film may have added quite a bit of juice....By the way, do NOT take small children to see more than the first hour...it gets rather disturbing.


7 comments:

j. said...

oh i love this.

i know i say that about a lot of your work but it's true.
and it is my sincere hope that you do not tire of hearing it.

ArtSparker said...

j. -

Nevah!

bindu said...

Cool grandma! It's great. Thanks for your comment - hope your sister likes the place I recommended in Argentina, and is comfortable there.

flawsnall said...

i can't help but stare at where the shadows meet--incredible!original...

Adam said...

I guess there has always been this element to the story!

Taking children to cinemas is an interesting topic. I took my son to see a harmless cartoon, but for some reason the cinema ran the standard trailers beforehand which included one or two rather surprising images!

Rohzi E. said...

Love it.

I have not seen Coraline yet, but I have plans to. The trailer they show on television seems rather dark. I wouldn't guess a child would need to see something like that. Once I see it, I'll be sure to fill you in on my thoughts of it. : - )

Tomás Serrano said...

Nice, very nice. Do you know the animated short titled "Little Black Riding Hood". It´s an adult adaptation by the polish Piotr Dumala. Only for adults. You can see in Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiP2GZ_cFFw