Friday, March 6, 2009

Shakespeare playing pool

This is an illustration from a few years back that I altered a little for this post. I'm going to say that Shakespeare's plays involved intricate plotting, to legitimatize this as this week's IF entry. In searching "Shakespeare silly" on Google Blog Search, I found this: Wm. Shakespeare's Five and Twenty Random Things Abovt Me by Mike McPhaden, it's wonderful - recommended reading, especially for English Literature teachers.

Edit: It occurred to me that this looks like a particular play to me...what do you think?

13 comments:

bookbabie said...

Fun illo and link!

lilaphase said...

Love it!

As a homeschooler, we declare every April as Shakespeare month and try to immerse ourselves during that month.

flawsnall said...

Fun piece! ...and dare I say...Shakespeare looks like he's got a drop or two...ain't that something...

notmassproduced said...

oooooh i've missed some good posts around here. love this and the dinasaur and the shadow heart. yum yum

Amy C said...

totally fun, I love the pattern on his clothing

Adam said...

I thought you'd written that Shakespeare's plays involved intricate potting - now that would be suitable!

I'm sure he would have made quite a hustler anyway!

Hélène Glehen said...

Amazing. Make me think of Dali.

tony said...

"Out, damn'd spot" ??!!!!:)

Bella Sinclair said...

Brava! This is really cool! I love his face and his intricate garb. Your pieces are always so fun. :D

dennis said...

Dennis says this illustration illustrates why Dennis is timid around some people.

Michael O'Connell said...

Fun work… and so different… so tell me… what's with all the Shakespeare references… am i that out of it that i have missed some special day?

Asja said...

what a fun piece! very surreal, too!

California Girl said...

Now we can reference the long lost painting of a younger Will Shakespeare that was reported this week by international news media.
NPR thought he looked like Joseph Fiennes in "Shakespeare in Love".