Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, Here's hoping every one in blogland has as much as they want of what they like most.

A nonsense poem, anon., this is one I can imagine Alan Rickman (who I intend to do a portrait of soon, because it's been long enough since last time I watched Snowcake) reciting in a sonorous voice:

The common cormorant or shag
Lays eggs inside a paper bag,
The reason you will see no doubt
It is to keep the lightning out.
But what these unobservant birds
Have never noticed is that herds
Of wandering bears may come with buns
And steal the bags to hold the crumbs.

Purple Prose: The second chapter is here at a thousand words. Leave a comment there if you'd like to write the next chapter.

7 comments:

LisaHoffman said...

Hey!
I just found you through the GRRL & Dog Blog. I saw that you're a fan of SNOWCAKE (maybe my favorite movie) and the breath-stopping Alan Rickman.
If I wasn't late leaving for Thanksgiving dinner, I'd read your whole Blog NOW. Back later....

grrl+dog said...

Fans of Alan Rickman sign in here. Do like the rhyming couplets, so easy to remember. I see you have Lisa Hoffman here, that grrl ROCKS!

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You could make these into the cutest placecards...

herhimnbryn said...

Looking forward to the Alan portrait. Have you seen him in 'An awfully big adventure'? If not, then you must, you must!

ArtSparker said...

Well, I can see I have made a commitment here, one should not bandy the words "Alan Rickman" around lightly. I have seen An Awfully Big Adventure, bizarrely (to me) placed in the comedy section at the rental store and advertised as some sore of farcical romp on its cover. Yikes! Good film, but probably not one I'll rent again. Even to see the Shakespearean version of Captain Hook.

herhimnbryn said...

There's always Alan as an Angel in 'Dogma'! I certainly would not have called 'An awfully big adventure' a comedy!

get zapped said...

Phat turkey and poem!