Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stick in Louisiana

This stick went to Christine at Forget-Me-Not Antiques and Treasures in Louisiana. Stop by if you are in Denham, or see her site for information about geneology. Christine wrote

"It took me a while to find the right place to "hide" the stick/wand. I finally found the perfect spot on a recent visit to our Alma Mater's mascot, Mike the Tiger at LSU. By the time we took the picture then went to see Mike and came back it was gone!"

I plan to post more sticks on Monday if anyone wants to participate - Just ask and I will send you a stick, the idea being to leave it for someone to find. If you take a photo of it once it's placed, I will post here with a link to your website (if you like). Or, design your own sticks and leave them for people to discover. 

8 comments:

Balou said...

I love this idea! I'm going to make my own stick. Am going somewhere this weekend where there is a very large Viking Statue that may appreciate a good stick.

ArtSparker said...

Hurray!

Sticks all round.

Forgetmenot said...

This was so much fun. I wish I would have hid somewhere to see the person who found the "hidden" treasure. It would have been wonderful to witness their reaction.

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

OH, I have an idea!! This is naet.. I like the publicness of it.

Balou said...

Couldn't help myself and made 2 sticks to place: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=k1am9h&s=4

ArtSparker said...

Balou: Cool! There is a family resemblance, but they are their own sticks.

grrl+dog said...

Yay for sticks! Looks like just threw it up. Wonder what that stick is doing now. I imagine it is a traveling stick, that someone else puts it in a cool spot, and so on.

Balou said...

Guerrilla art is under foot at balou's