Monday, November 10, 2008

Islands of the Lagoon, continued

The island of Burano is mostly known for its easter-egg-colored buildings, but it also has a charming Lace museum. I still vividly recall a piece of story lace with figures and paths woven into it. I liked the humbleness and scale of this museum, and ended up not searching out the glass museum on Murano simply because I wanted to keep the memory of smaller place not shouted down by the large, gaudy glass museum. I would rather be moved than have my socks knocked off.

4 comments:

Balou said...

Great photo! I think I've seen something on the lace museum, or another one in Italy on the PBS show Globe Trekker. Ah yes, I live vicariously through others. Thanks for sharing your travels.

parisa mahmoudi said...

so lovely photo!

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

reminds me of France where my mom lives half the year!! The lace musuem sounds really interesting!!

rachel said...

I was there 5 year ago! And had the same colours. great image.