Monday, November 24, 2008

Sticks for placement

Three more sticks for placement. Let me know if you would like a stick (in the comments) and I will send you one. The intent is that the stick be placed somewhere for a stranger to find, simply for the delight of it.  If you photograph it after placement, I will post the photo here with a link to your blog, as I did on November 18 and on November 20.

For a stick cousin with an unusual placement, see born a girl

I will post the first segment of the story with illustration tomorrow, I thought maybe it was too much to have both in the same post.

Edit:Stick #8 has been claimed. Who wants to place 7 & 9? 7 has a silver smile I found on the ground, btw.

Edit; #7 has been claimed. Who would like # 6? It might look nice in snow...

10 comments:

grrl+dog said...

thanks for the link to born a girl. What is it with us humans that we have to make giant stuff? We have the "big prawn" as if. This stick thing is growing..

Anil P said...

This is an interesting way to delight with its unexpectedness.

Nao said...

These ARE FABULOUS!

Absolutely Magikal~

You make the best things Susan.

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

;)

I'm still
recovering from Friday

Balou said...

Those are great sticks! I'd stake claim on #8. Would be fun to send one along with my niece. She's driving/moving to Portland, OR 12/5 and I know she'd have fun with this. I'll let her know that she must report in with you on the placement. My email is talk2balou [at] gmail [dot] com

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

I can't wait to see more posts!!!

Flying Colors said...

I would love # 7, if it's still available!

Great concept, found you through The Return of Son of Incogneato and saw you green stick.

Bless you, for wanting to plant these all over the world, just wonderful!

Flying Colors said...

OH! my email is:
flyingcolors [at ]lisarivas [dot] com

Hope to hear from you :)

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh, I love your stick art idea! How beautiful to just leave them somewhere for a stranger to find. Thank you for sharing your beautiful art! Roxanne

Tammie Lee said...

What a wonderful idea. I learned about your artful sticks by visiting Son's amazing blog. I live in Whitefish, MT. Would you like one of your sticks to be placed somewhere here? We have a bit of snow and surely more will arrive soon. It would be my pleasure to participate!