Saturday, November 22, 2008

Opinion/Grey Eminence

This is my illustrationfriday submission for this week. It's an old drawing I did from the long-ago time of rapidographs, which was originally a collage of an owl head pasted on a mountain. You can see the artist's opinion of authority here, the artist admits to retaining certain personality characteristics from adolescence.

This is the first new post since I was tagged by two wonderfully talented illustration friday artists,Parisa and Tomas. with a meme about 7 things about yourself. I'm going to alter the rules here, in emulation of Priya at the Plum Tree with her variations on ate/8, and list 7 things that are personal Heaven (rhymes with 7).  1.Temeraire books by Naomi Novik, 2. The Museum of Jurassic Technology in Culver City, 3. Butternut Squash soup, 4. Just watched: The Princess and the Warrior, thanks T. for the recommendation and Happy Birthday, 5. The Tiger Lilies and their German-Gothic-loving-hands-at-home-puppet-terror-version of StruwwelPeter, 6. Dancing,7. This Bee at elephants and redwoods. I am so smitten!

As for passing it on, I'm just going to say...I've been mulling over some exquisite corpse internet thing, ie, starting a story here, then linking to the next person to post the next (say 3-line) chapter. Anybody up for being next if I start? I'll just repeat, I do like the dark stuff at this time of year.

12 comments:

pRiyA said...

very nice artsparker. and the illustration is great too.
:-)

Teri C said...

Very interesting combination of ideas and great line work.

Ellen said...

Neat-O!

steve said...

Wicked job! Thanks for sharing.

Lucy Autrey Wilson said...

I'm up for an illustrated chain story. It's a great idea.

ArtSparker said...

Hey Lucy -

Cool. I will post the first three lines monday with a link to your blog, along with the three new sticks.

motivart said...

wonderful line art.
thanks for visiting my blog

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

LOL

a hOOt...

Indeed!

Juan said...

Wonderful!

gracefulCraig said...

wow, nice skills

Michael O'Connell said...

love the work… i miss rapidographs… just not the drying out and cleaning part…

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

Thanks for featuring my bee!! I'm glad you like him/her!! Feel free to take the image and use it for yourself. Let me know if you want me to send the JPEG to you.