Friday, January 23, 2009

More Badgery, NOW better-looking & functional

More badges which may be copied and used without let or hindrance. 

Here is a choice of colors for the the badge requested by Milly at Elephants and Redwoods. She has plunged into painting a portrait of her husband and is looking for suggestions from people. More generally, this one could be used if you wanted feedback on something you were presenting for consideration, or if you want particularly candid comments.
So, you've just been linked to some major breaking story or are for some reason expecting a number of guests at your blog. Here's a way to point people to the post you're proudest of...or if you have a blog about pies, the pie recipe, or if you have one of those ones with rude content, well, you get the idea. you can always put a title in above it to make it clear what its purpose is. 

This was the third one I did, the simplest, and my favorite. This is one where you can put a link to something cool you saw and get visitors to go that site. You can change it every day, or several times a day. Or you can use it to point to something on your own site - maybe a past post that relates to a current one. You can explain what it is, I think it would be fun to post it without explanation.

Finally, let me just mention the black box (scroll down in my right-hand column) which originated on author Carolyn Smailes' blog. Try it a couple of times and decide if you want to add it to your site - it's a good way to increase traffic, and I find the writing part of it to be quite addictive.

Edit: Eva's comment reminded me I meant to say, you can also make your own badge. I made mine At 284 pixels wide, which fit the side bar.

9 comments:

j. said...

aw i like these.
especially the last one : )

and thank you for your comments!

and i did send it to Grrl+dog by the way.
now i'll just have to wait and see what happens.

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

thanks for these!! hopefully i can get some REAL feedback to help me along...otherwise I might just paint over that bad boy. HAHA

grrl+dog said...

yep, thelast is the best, it reminds me of childhood the feel and texture of those books we had or our das had.

PLUS, the word look is one of the forst we ever got to read. Makes it very powerful.

Eva said...

A very charming side-effect of these badges is sharing nice peaces of graphic design and typography. It's fun.

ArtSparker said...

Eva - I have edited, since your comment reminded me of something I had intended to say.

Indrani said...

Nice eye catching and meaningful badges. Tech-fun?!

notmassproduced said...

blimey u've been busy. i especially love, love, love that last one ::oo))

Andrew Culture said...

I like the last one, retro is the new 'wet floor'!
Andrew

I make badges!

jude said...

this is such a great idea!