Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Most likely to

Stephen Colbert is probably going to be most familiar to American readers. I've had questions lately, with the deterioration of, oh, just lots of stuff, whether satire has place anymore as a corrective to social ills. But I think this guy keeps it fresh. There's also something quite nice he does, which is to break character, simply in his facial expression, a few times in the course of his show. It recalls what I like about a few performers who you can imagine at the back of the room in high school, with the teacher saying:

.............Colbert,
"Yes,Mr.Wayans,is there something you'd like to share with the class?"
............Campbell,

They have.

Who's on your list - or were you that person?

6 comments:

Squirrel said...

I was that person sometimes.



hey I noticed you mentioned Cornell on another blog --are you a fan? I'm working up to a post on him--he was a nyacker born and raised.

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

ha! i love Colbert. I was a trouble maker for sure in class.

Michael said...

Thanks for visiting!

Fantastic work on your blog and portfolio site!

bindu said...

He's one of our favorites! And I find myself laughing with him when he does break character - I know what you mean!

Audra said...

I love Colbert! He makes me laugh so much.
Like your blog!

Jonathan Abrenilla, PTRP said...

I really love it. it looks like you have a vector in photoshop.. ;) nice piece..