Sunday, July 19, 2009

Blackberries and Links

Photo of blackberries to go into a pie to bribe the neighbors with - which Hitchcock movie requires the cooperation of neighbors with facing apartments? The collecting of blackberries is a very, very small heroic enterprise, involving war wounds, spoils of victory and of course, the acknowledgement of one's own limitations, the perfect berry just out of reach. But enough folderol...

THE LINKS!

Outsider environments is a respectful, studious attempt to unearth beauties made by unknown artists, frequently people who had an outburst of creativity after retiring and who left their surroundings marvellously changed. The quiet, conscientious editorial tone of this blog is quite moving. It makes me think of Elegy in a Country Churchyard.

Travels in the Floating Elvis has some wonderfully visual poems.

Terrible Yellow Eyes is a blog for people who can't stand to wait another minute for the "Where the Wild Things Are" film to come out. 


12 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

do you know the Blackberries's name in Sao Paulo ? Amoras . isn't a delicius , it is like the female version for Amor (love) . it makes me want to eat even more !!!
i didn't saw the links , the computer i am using now has a very slow internet conection , and there are people waiting me to leave this machine . but tomorow i will vist it all . promisse .
and ... : YES . DEAL . i wil keep arguing with you , but just because i love (amoras ) you so much that i can't even think about an other alternative now .
i wish you lots of bleckberries in your life , honey

Isabel said...

Great links! The Shelled House in Outsider Environments reminds me of Isaiah Zagar's Magic Garden on South Street, Philadelphia.

http://www.philadelphiasmagicgardens.org/events.php?#45

I visited it last year with some blog friends during what our "Blogstock 08" event, and it was INCREDIBLE!

notmassproduced said...

I was looking at the blackberries in the garden yesterday and they are nowhere near as plump as yours!good luck bribing the neighbours!

Jasmine said...

Interesting blogs, I looked at them all.

I have to share a link with you for the most recent post on Ruthie's blog. Its about a paper sculpture of Alice by Su Blackwell. Magical!

http://a-faerietale-of-inspiration.blogspot.com/2009/07/su-blackwell-paper-sculpture.html

inky said...

Mmmm love blackberries.. they look so plump!!! Loved the links you added, I went there and will go back when I have more time.. TY

ArtSparker said...

Thanks, folks -

Isabel and Jasmine - I may use these links next Sunday, with vias to you of course.

ArtSparker said...

Caio- Thank you for the language lesson, I am more educated for knowing you. The good wishes are mutual.

Tammie Lee said...

indeed, picking blackberries can be dangerous but oh so rewarding.

Rohzi E. said...

Those blackberries look to die for. Excuse me while I go shopping now.. : - )

BTW, I just love your vocab usage. I believe I meant to express that earlier on in our indirect acquaintance, but it always slipped my mind.

Thanks for sharing the links. I found all three of them quite enjoyable. I've been meaning to do some random searching for interesting blogs. Thank you for putting in the work for me, lol.

ArtSparker said...

Rohzi-

I like your writing very much also.

bindu said...

The blackberries are so inviting!

Isabel said...

No prob. Use the links as you wish. These places are awesome!