Thursday, July 16, 2009

Receiver Gallery

This is a photograph I took last weekend at Receiver Gallery in the Mission district. The work is by Sarah Applebaum. I found the translucent yetis really charming, and I pretty much stood over the gallery attendant until she had called up grrl+dog on the internets and LOOKED (I get enthused). They were just getting started with adding to the murals in the back alley when I got there. Looking at this (below) again, I think this might have influenced my nature boy. I believe the artist is Kyle Ranson.

11 comments:

Ginga Squid said...

Wow - so colourful and happy!

rlbourges said...

the places inspires - I love the shot of the yeti family and yes, I see the link to your green man, including the tendrils.

best to Oakland.

Jasmine said...

Wow, I love the crochet tower! Its so colourful. The Yeti's are col too, what are they made from?

parisa mahmoudi said...

Sooo colorful!I like it,but I never can do the same.I think this Artist has a huge patience! ;)

Caio Fernandes said...

good works . thank you for sharing with us .

inky said...

WOW!!! the yeti family shot is unbelievable..

ArtSparker said...

Inky -

Not a patch on how amazing they were in person (or yetihood).

Celeste Maia said...

I really enjoyed the photograph of the yeti family, wish it was a bit lighter so I could see more detail.

herhimnbryn said...

ooh! I am 'seeing' a mosaic in that knitting and crochet........

Isabel said...

What an interesting place to explore! Thanks for the link!

Denise Litchfield said...

you make me smile..poor person!
Love the hand coming out of the fibre..and what do you think the translucent dudes are made of?

They are really captivating.