Sunday, July 26, 2009

Does this count?

Maybe not actually inspiring...more like two ideas careening around inside the bone theatre of my brain and falling into an inebriated embrace like drunken long-lost brothers: 

this quote, said about Lord Rochester by his friend Etheridge 

"I know he is a devil, but he had something of the angel yet undefac'd in him"

and this song, by Shane Mac Gowan and the Popes (after he told the Pogues to eff off).

For those who like things a little more rational, Dark Passage returns tomorrow.

Edit: Just in (after I posted the the photo woooohoooo) , J.T. Steiny is back posting at Dog a Day 

8 comments:

Tom said...

it must count for something...?

tony said...

Susan ! Seigneur Rochester était un renard prudent !

ArtSparker said...

Tony - spoken like one who has just returned from the kawntinong.

Bee said...

There is something oddly beguiling about Lord Rochester, even as he was intent on self-indulgence to the point of devilishness.

I've enjoyed catching up on all of your creative output -- Alices and North by Northwest and blackberries and such. The second cat painting is definitely much better (and less phallic).

Caio Fernandes said...

tihs is great ! so real , so sober ans austere . but free .
liked the text too .

ArtSparker said...

Caio - well, I'm glad someone liked this. I fall in love with weird ugly objects from time to time. This looked sort of shamanic to me.

Celeste Maia said...

I took a day off computers yesterday, but am catching up now.

Is this a clay sculpture you are making? I really like it, half dog/half woman, half spirit/half human. I would leave it just as it is.
Ah, Lord Rochester, for me his inconstancy his biggest virtue...

ArtSparker said...

CM - I did not make it, it is simply a mysterious sort of thing at The Antiques Centre - a glass bottle with what may have been a rubber or leather dog's head on it. The odd thing is, a few year back I did make a similar ceramic piece.