Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summercat 2

Here is a revised version of the cat in the summer sun, now a t-shirt on redbubble, where there is a 15% off sale through Thursday (hectoring button to appear shortly in sidebar). I was advised by two trusted associates (discreetly, via email) that my drawing on the first cat was possibly a little TOO loose, and have corrected the dubious area. 

I may post something a bit later, since I'm not sure that a commercial break constitutes inspiration. Alices have not been out and about so much this last week, and so more are flying across borders this Monday. 

11 comments:

Jasmine said...

I like your revised cat. Off to look at redbubble!

Titus said...

Smart, but I do like that sideways sly eye of the original.
Reminding me now of Warhol's cat series.

Caio Fernandes said...

loved the way you made the greens . all this life and light , it is a real pleasure to look at .
and the black too . deep and happy .
i liked so much the last post ......
thank you Susan .
did i say that you are beaultiful today?

steve said...

Wow, I love this one! It would make an excellent T and print!

ArtSparker said...

C - I never get tired of hearing you say it.

aleph said...

You were asked to dress the idle creature so that other people would dare to dress themselves with him & feel as idle as him -hiding the dubious areas of their idlness, too. What a task! I love both of them.

Coreopsis said...

Wow. You've been busy. It's been a while since I've looked at your blog, and there's a whole series of great action pictures (with the drawn figures). I really really like this cat in the leaves. Fat and innocent and the essence of summer!

Coreopsis said...

I meant to say that I REALLY like the figures in their backgrounds--reaching down to help each other up, in all kinds of active poses. They all make me smile.

parisa mahmoudi said...

Ohhh,this is really cute and lovely! :)

Asja said...

oh, i love this! wonderful composition and i like the cat's subtle smile.

justdoodleit said...

This is really bold and fun. I liked the previous 'sleepy-eyed' drawing version too.